PESO - Leap, fauxlarized

Bruce Walker bruce.walker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:20:48 EDT 2020

It's less tricky using digital curves adjustments (rather than
development timing and turning on lights), but it still requires
plenty of fiddling around. Finding the point where I want to apply the
knee where positive tone mapping becomes negative is the hardest part.
But I realized that I can use dodge&burn to shift different parts of
the shot into and out of negative and suddenly it starts to get even
more creative!

Thanks, Ann!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:47 PM ann sanfedele <annsan at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> You got the solarization effect down nicely -- I've got mixed feelings
> about wheter or not to clone out the stool...
>
> I did some solarization back in the day when I was first doing my own
> developing and printing.. tricky stuff - sometimes
> it worked nicely sometime not so much :-)
>
> ann
>
> On 9/21/2020 11:14 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
> > I did consider cloning out the stool, but decided that I preferred to
> > let the viewer get a small jolt when they realized what I had done
> > there with the 90 degree twist. I thought that adds a little touch of
> > humour.
> >
> > Thank you very much, Christine. Cheers!
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 7:13 PM Christine Aguila <christine at caguila.com> wrote:
> >> That’s really nice, Bruce!  I like the solarization.  The orientation you’ve presented is intriguing.  I wonder what the photo would be like if you cloned the stool out—could be fun—a kind of flying through the air shot!
> >> Cheers, Christine

> >> --
> >> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
> >> PDML at pdml.net