Feature request/wish

Godfrey DiGiorgi godfreydigiorgi at me.com
Fri Sep 18 14:35:29 EDT 2020

> On Sep 18, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Bob Pdml <pdmlbw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 18 Sep 2020, at 17:44, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigiorgi at me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, different location in the menu system on typ 262 models with an LCD:
>> In the English section of the German/English manual, p128 describes the main menu and the 'picture parameters' menu. The latter includes the lens profiles and user profiles settings. Page 162 describes the User Profiles submenu, with all of the Management submenu functions as described above.
>>

> That was a struggle to find, being referred elsewhere in the manual then having to go to the next page before they tell you it’s the ‘Set’ button, not ‘Menu’.

Yes, the pre-M10 Ms all seemed to have this odd ambiguity about what button commits a menu adjustment. And the menu organization, even if not particularly large, is oddly partitioned. They cleaned up a lot of this stuff with the M10 models on the M line, brought it closer into line with the Q, SL, and CL models.

> You’ll need all your money for smoke masks and plague masks. It’s London 1666 all over again.

I haven't had to spend too much on smoke and plague masks. I have four reusable plague masks, which double as smoke masks. The smoke is very greatly reduced the past two days already in the SF Bay Area, with AQI hovering between 12 and 40. The plague … well, I wear masks when I'm in public near people and when I go into stores. I don't wear masks for plague when I'm walking or riding by myself with no one near me; I did wear a mask when riding last Friday and again on Monday... :)