PESO: mushroom season

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Thu Sep 17 13:26:46 EDT 2020

That's a very attractive photo, especially at a higher(tighter) zoom
level, where you can see every detail, as a few people have pointed out
already.
The glow is a nice touch!

Despite being avid mushroom gatherers (and eaters), we've never gathered
any of this type. Of all the mushrooms growing on trees and stumps, we
only gathered Armillaria - which we liked a lot! Those are tasty and easy
to handle, as they are almost never damaged by larva ("worms").

(Fun fact: in Russian, sulphur shelf/sulphur polypore mushrooms are called
"trutoviki", which shares the word root with "truten'" - drone bee; this
root means "parasite". These mushrooms are sometimes regarded as
"sanitarians of forests" that help keeping the forests healthy, but seen
as "pests" in personal gardens, as they ensure a quick death of your
favorite fruit tree.)

Igor