PESO: mushroom season

ann sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 17 12:57:11 EDT 2020

Well now you have it on good authority that sulphur shelf is one that is
safe -- but none of them are good RAW...
What I was taught in the 80's was that while all of the shelf mushrooms
that exist are not by any means edible, none of them
would give you more than a belly ache.. However I still would not
collect them these days, I confess.

The scariest thing was that even though you might know very well a
specific kind , where you find it is important to whether or not it
would be safe to consume.. example given was those growing next to a
well trafficked automobile road.. the 'shrooms absorb the fumes coming
from the vehicles. ugh.

ann

--
ann sanfedele photography