OT: CA Wildfires

John jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 11 15:36:58 EDT 2020

We've had occasional small earthquakes around here, but the only one I remember
experiencing was the August 2011 earthquake in Northern Virginia.

I remember it as a low rumble that rattled my windows. IIRC it lasted about 2
minutes, building up slowly & then tapering off. About half way through I had
the sudden realization that I was hearing & feeling an earthquake.

The Wikipedia article about it mentions all the states on the Atlantic Coast
*except* North Carolina.

It even mentions the earthquake effects on mid-western states Ohio, Illinois,
Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota ...Canadian provinces Ontario,
Quebec and the Maritime provinces along with Kentucky & Alabama, but nary a
mention of North Carolina.