OT: CA Wildfires

steve harley pdml at paper-ape.com
Wed Sep 9 21:24:27 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-9 10:33, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
> There is no "safety" in 2020, it seems. AQI was up into the 130+ "Unhealthy" range for the past three days along with ambient temperatures floating up into the 100-115 range even here in the SF Bay Area. The particulates in the air are particularly bad.

i think these conditions are hitting many parts of the west; we've had
similar AQI several times here, above 130 on an hourly basis  multiple times
recently; we have only two huge fires and two large ones blowing smoke into
Denver, but major color, haze and darkening in the sky; everyone has burning
eyes, some have headaches or worse

we just had a rather extreme weather shift that has cleared the air
temporarily, but AQI forecast is back above 130 on Saturday