OT: CA Wildfires quantifying

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Wed Sep 9 19:11:15 EDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 09, 2020 at 12:11:43PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:

> It???s a bit dark out today.  How dark?
>
> f/16, 1/100 ISO 10,000
> about 1% of normal light about 7 stops

... and with a significant colour shift towards the red.

It's also more than a little cooler than yesterday.

This time yesterday the temperature here was 103F (~40C).
Today it's 68F (20C).

It feels as though we're on a film set, and we're on Mars.
Or, alternatively, we're at the beginning of the nuclear
winter that was the downfall of the dinosaurs.
99% of the light not getting to the surface of the earth
is just downright weird.