story 3 of the new APS-C flagship

Ralf R Radermacher fotoralf at gmx.de
Tue Sep 8 16:03:35 EDT 2020

Am 08.09.20 um 21:36 schrieb Henk Terhell:
> Apart from their  technical quality I think Leica's have compact elegant
> designs and some people may buy it as fashion gadgets.
> I don't expect DSLR's can find that niche in current markets accordingly.

They are totally different products serving totally different markets.

Pentax DSLR are bought by amateur photographers who are long-time Pentax
users or individualists who look for something different from the usual
big names.

The typical Leica buyer is a lawyer or dentist who is looking for a way
to spend some of that money made under the table. Cars, boats etc. are
no longer an alternative, at least not here in Europe, because the
taxman would get wind of it. In most EU countries you can't even pay
cash any longer for anything over 3000 euros.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com