story 3 of the new APS-C flagship

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:04:38 EDT 2020

> Perhaps Ricoh/Pentax is planning to follow the Leica route of going
> against the main stream for a small public.
That would seem to be the way to go if you're a small player in a market.

Trying to compete against the big boys doesn't seem to have done Olympus
any good, even though they used the newest tech they could to enhance
their retro offerings.

Sony has decided to spend all it's corporate treasury to capture the
mainstream photographic market, and Nikon and Canon seem to be unwilling
to go quietly into oblivion, while Panasonic wants to give Sony a run
for it's money. That doesn't leave much for a small player.

If Pentax want's to  become the Leica of the Pentaprism, and can manage
it, that just gives photographers more options.

--
Any idiot can shoot with a Canon, Nikon, or Sony, it takes a special kind of idiot to use a Pentax.