Semi OT : where is this lake and mountain scene? need help here

ann sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Sun Sep 6 16:00:22 EDT 2020

I was in Alaska in 1992 as well..   but didn't get to that MIrror
Lake... The vegetation isn't right for Denali park..

Photo on puzzle taken before 1981.. The trees are clearly spruce which
puts the elevation of the lake at about 4,000 to 9,000 (it would be
lower, of course in Alaska but those big happy spruce don't grow there.
I'm thinking has to be Rocky Mountains anywhere from Northern New Mexico
up through Alberta..that is, on the Continental divide..  I looked at
bunches of named Mirror Lakes on line and nothing looked right..