PESO: 10 Years Ago

David Mann dmann.nz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 04:07:54 EDT 2020

Here's a closer view of the building in the background, showing where that part of the parapet ended up.  Note the hole in the awning.  I wouldn't have wanted to be underneath that.

http://gallery.multi.net.nz/photo/1090/#peso

I actually took those photos just after Xmas that year, following a significant aftershock on Boxing Day.  I don't have much to show from the initial September quake.  The central city was closed for a while so the buildings could be checked to assess the damage and suitability for reoccupation.

Cheers,
Dave