OT: 30 Landscapes You Won't Believe Are in the U.S.

ann sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 10:37:25 EDT 2020

I cant resist giving you guys my numbers now.. with relatively brief
explaination of how I managed it.
Printed out the list of 62 NP's and checked off 45 for sure and a couple
of more with question marks
because I was likely there as a child before they were designated as
National Parks. all 45 are those that
can be reached by car and are either in the contiguous 48 or in Alaska.
Been in every state but HAwaii.

My father was old enough to be my grandfather when I wsa born.. he was,
unfortuantely, something of a boozer
and had some problems with heart - in  January 1945 he was "retired"
from a sales management job
when he though he was going to be promoted and given only a few months
severance.. something I didn't know
until recently (that is, the reasons).  A lot of what contributed to my
having seen 44 of the 48 states before I was
12 was our trips were , post war, partly business trips as Pop's old
cronies from the salad days gave him sales jobs
and he took my mother and me with him.  Traveling before 1945 was for
pleasure and visiting family, but parents
were always interested in the parks. Mammoth Cave was a strong memory
from childhood.

I lived in Maine in the 60's - so there was Acacia..  took geology in
college which got me to Yellowstone on a field trip.

Then I met Richard in 1980 , who had travelled widely in Europe and Asia
but didn't know the USA - so road trips began..
and most of the parks on the list were visited with him, sometimes for
the second time, many for the first.
I kept taking them on my own after I lost him in 1993..  Because Richard
hit senior landmark when we were
together I got my Golden Age Passport card and I still have it, hoping
to be able to use it again one day.  I think
it is supposed to be good for the National Monuments as well.

ann

--
ann sanfedele photography
https://annsan.smugmug.com