Vintage Enlarger

Steve Cottrell cotty at seeingeye.tv
Tue Oct 20 05:27:09 EDT 2020

On 19/10/20, Daniel J. Matyola, discombobulated, unleashed:

>In cleaning out my basement, I have a vintage film enlarger that I need to
>dispose of.  It is made by DeJur, belonged to my father-in-law, and is at
>least 60 years old, but still intact.
>I would prefer to see it go to someone who would use it, rather than to the
>local landfill.  Too heavy to be shipped economically.  Any ideas on how I
>might proceed?

Dan - we use Freecycle a lot - it's worldwide (in fact started in the USA).

Basically you put a post on and say what you've got, someone sees the post and says 'yes please can I have it'. You then arrange a date and time for them to collect whatever the item is ("it'll be next to the green trash can on the drive" etc) and they show up and collect it from you.

This way, unwanted items can have a chance at going to a good home.

The cost is nothing for you, and the collector simply shows up to collect.

Clearly this only works for relatively local community so the web site is sectioned into areas and localities.

We have found it brilliant at having things removed and you hardly lift a finger as someone collects. Freecyclers are always friendly people because they believe in the cause. In fact I need a couple of pallets (skids) and searched on Freecycle and found some right away about 10 miles from me - I'm picking them up Wednesday. What's not to like!

<https://www.freecycle.org/>

--

  Cheers
    Cotty