OT Instagram

Mark Roberts postmaster at robertstech.com
Mon Oct 12 10:08:26 EDT 2020

Toine wrote:

>Anybody using instagram? It's very popular so I heard. I remember Instagram
>as a lomography retro vintage style app with a very silly and ugly icon
>(they changed that). Since it is focused on photography I started using it.
>To my surprise and an hour or so wasted: you can't upload from a desktop pc
>or mac!

You can easily upload to Instagram from a desktop computer by using
either Chrome or Opera and switching into Developer Mode. (I use Opera
and the menu access is Menu > Developer > Developer Tools, then pick a
phone to emulate.)

The trick is to format your images to one of the three accepted sizes:
square 1080px x 1080px, panoramic 1080px x 608px, or 8x10 1080px x
1350px.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com