PESO: Emerging Monarch

Daniel J. Matyola danmatyola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:36:10 EDT 2020

Hawaii has a population of Monarch butterflies:

http://www.explorebiodiversity.com/Hawaii/BiodiversityForgotten/Wildlife/Inverts/Insects/Monarchs.htm

Since the nearest land to Hawaii is Point Arena, near San Francisco, about
2,286 miles away, Hawaiian Monarchs do not migrate.  I love to watch them
visiting nectar plants in the garden of the condo complex in which we stay
on Maui.  I am still hoping to get back there this winter.
Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery