short veso : Ashley's ordeal

Alan C cole at lantic.net
Mon Oct 5 08:52:58 EDT 2020

Enjoyed that, Ann. Glad she's on the mend. We have no animals at present
- our geriatric Black Lab & 2 cats have all passed on. The Lab was 14 &
both cats about 20.

We have been tying to "tame" one or two of the myriad of feral cats
living around here. I joined the SPCA catch, neuter, get a rabies shot &
release (in the same area) programme. A lady a few doors away & I have
caught over 20 between us in a couple of months. The SPCA loans out the
traps. Some are too clever to be caught. We feed them daily (stopped
doing it at night because of the fights). Two are getting friendlier so
we are hopeful.

Alan C