short veso : Ashley's ordeal

ann sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 5 08:08:06 EDT 2020

Now that she is much better and has gained back some weight I feel I can
share this mini vid I took before I took her to get an Ultra Sound two
weeks ago. She had to
do without any food after midnight the night before this was shot and
she was NOT pleased.. as she let me know here..

She had had a concerning pattern of weight loss recently , vet visit a
couple of months ago indicated some kind of IBD  - she got steroids and
B vitamin shot and
improved a bit then declined again.. so the Ultra Sound proved
necessary.. she came home with pills to take  1/2 of twice a day for two
weeks then once a week "forever"
It took some creativity to get the pill into her - the solution after
some experimenting turned out to be burying the tiny thing in a small
wad of cheddar cheese - actually, English Double Glouster . she gets
that into her tummy quickly and therefore is spared the bitter taste of
the pill (mashing up the pill in her food was NOT a good solution
"fool me once... ")  the pills are Prednisolone . 5mg pills cut in
half.   I didn't want to tell people anything aobut her trials until I
was able to say she is responding nicely
to the meds and is up to many of her old naughty tricks , is displaying
good bathroom behaviour and hasn't barfed  at all in two weeks.

so here is the short vid I took early in the morning of Sept 22 before
we went to the vet..  video verite - took with my darkside little camera
- no editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOt3PlmZOY

ann

--