PESO: Emerging Monarch

Daniel J. Matyola danmatyola at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:30:21 EDT 2020

It's pretty much the end of the season for the Monarch butterflies.  I have
finished tagging ones that I recently released or captured, and am
submitting my data to Monarch Watch.

Here is one of the recent butterflies to emerge from its chrysalis.  The
newly emerged male is still hanging from remains of his former shell, the
remains of which can be seen above him.  He hangs like this, drying his
wings, before they are strong enough that he can fly.

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2020/10/3/emerging

F-5 IIs, smc DA 35 mm Macro F 2.8 limited
Comments, criticisms, and suggestions are invited and appreciated.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery