PESO 2020 - "Surface" 220-225 - GDG

Godfrey DiGiorgi godfreydigiorgi at me.com
Fri Oct 2 17:29:03 EDT 2020

Finally I was able to get out with the Hasselblad 907x for another walk the other day, between wildfires, smokey air, and extreme heat days...

I fitted up the camera with the ultra wide lens, then went for a two-three mile walk around the neighborhood with it. Working ultra wide field of view always takes me some time to settle into, my brain and eyes can't swap between radically wide and other fields of view so quickly as it can with medium wide to normal to modest telephoto. I decided to concentrate on the surface textures of the streets and sidewalks, pushing the dynamic range and detail capabilities of the camera.

https://flic.kr/p/2jNfsBH :: Soil and Root - Santa Clara 2020
https://flic.kr/p/2jNfsBn :: Asphalt and Concrete Curb - Santa Clara 2020
https://flic.kr/p/2jNb4Ve :: Asphalt, Leaf and Drainage Grate - Santa Clara 2020
https://flic.kr/p/2jNb4UN :: Asphalt, Access Cover - Santa Clara 2020
https://flic.kr/p/2jNb4UH :: Concrete, Asphalt, Sewer Grate and Warning - Santa Clara 2020
https://flic.kr/p/2jNb4Uc :: Asphalt, Concrete Slab, Lawn - Santa Clara 2020

Flickr album with 1/2 size images: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmR87kWy
Comments etc always appreciated!

The really good news from this, for me, is that my right shoulder seems to be healing up nicely with good range of motion and strength. :-)

enjoy!
—
"...For we are the Makers of Magic, and we are the Dreamers of Dreams."
  – Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory