photographing textile arts

Stan Halpin stan at stans-photography.info
Mon Jun 22 19:36:17 EDT 2020

Hanging fabric may droop of its own weight. I would probable start with a setup allowing you to put the material on a flat surface: the floor, a table, etc, then shoot down from above. I’ve done a bit of this for for-the-record shots of Meg’s, my sister in law’s, and my own (very limited) works. It takes a special talent to properly mount/frame fabric and needlework and it would be hard to replicate with a temporary setup with the object hung vertically.

Stan

Sent from my iPad