photographing textile arts

Christine Aguila christine at caguila.com
Sun Jun 21 17:48:35 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone!

Hope all is well!

Quick question:
I’d like to develop skills used to photograph the textile arts—which can often include fabrics with beads and metals and sequins etc.
So, has anyone done this kind of work?  Any recommendations? Tips? Resources?

Also, any tips for ways and stands for hanging the art so it can be photographed?

I do have a photography background stand for background papers etc.  Has anyone used this stand to photograph art?

Maybe two stands?  One to hold the rolled background paper, then another stand to hang the art from?  Something like that?  What do you think?

Cheers, Christine

Sent from my iPad