D FA* 85mm f/1.4

Bill anotherdrunkensot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 00:54:27 EDT 2020

On 6/1/2020 5:26 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
> I’m thinking $1700. It will be priced reasonably. It has to be to support the brand.

Amazon.com has it available for preorder for you. As I said in a
B&H and Adorama may sell it for a bit less, but I can't see it going for
$1700.00.

If you look at the MTF charts, this lens is quite a bit better superior
to the Zeiss Otis 85/1.4 which doesn't have auto focus and sells for
US$4.5K.

At F8, it doesn't have an MTF curve, it has a slightly wavy straight
line clinging to the top of the graph. I've never seen anything like
that before.
The sample pictures I have seen are stunning.

My pusher emailed me today that it's available for ordering, so mine is
on it's way. I expect it to arrive sometime in the third week of this month.

bill