GESO (2): something slithery (WARNING: PHOTOS OF SNAKES)

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Mon Jan 20 00:07:09 EST 2020

> On Jan 19, 2020, at 5:33 AM, Daniel J. Matyola <danmatyola at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Two excellent images.  I like the first better, because of the simple. OoF
> background and the clarity of the forked tongue.
> Fine work as usual.

I agree with Dan, nice work and that the first one is better, also the second one looks like it is suffering from harsh light (beyond your control I understand) and the highlights seem pushed pretty hard, almost blown out on the underside of the head.  It is interesting to me that at first the second one looked rather like a rattlesnake. In this part of the world only the venomous snakes (rattlers) have slitted pupils.  Gopher snakes can have very similar markings, and have been known to flatten their heads out to get a similar triangular shaped head with a narrower neck to rattle snakes.  Granted, most people don’t seem inclined to get close enough to see the pupils well enough to make sure something is a rattlesnake.

--
Larry Colen
lrc at red4est.com