PESO: On the canal again

jcoyle at iinet.net.au jcoyle at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 17 18:48:49 EST 2020

My brother (who lives in Bath) used to have a share in a narrow boat, so
some years ago Jan and I went for a week on the canals with him.  We passed
through beautiful countryside, very tranquil when you are meandering along
at 2-3 miles per hour, only to be woken with a jolt when you come to yet
another lock!  On our first day we handled (that should be man and
woman-handled) 22 of them...
Great time though, and some excellent food in country pubs just off the
canals.

John in Brisbane