Panorama redo

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sun Jan 12 14:06:42 EST 2020

A friend wants a print of one of my night time panoramas at Thunderhill racetrack:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/49371983416/in/album-72157712631222477/

I’ve never made a print of this particular image so I wanted to go back in and make sure everything was just right. One problem with lightroom panoramas is that you can’t specify to use a certain piece from a certain image.  Their whole stitching process is opaque and unpredictable, but I was eventually able to get it to include the bit I wanted it to.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/49371983416/in/album-72157712631222477/

It’s a stitch of images taken with the 15-30, not using astrotracer.  It would be really nice if there was software that could stitch the night sky and the terrestrial foreground separately.  It would be even nicer if I knew how to use it.

--
Larry Colen
lrc at red4est.com