January PUG is up

Matthew Hunt mph at pobox.com
Thu Jan 9 19:44:58 EST 2020

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 6:49 PM ann sanfedele <annsan at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> QUestion for Matt about the lightening shot.. was that a combo of two
> exposures IN CAMERA? were you shooting rapid fire with the camera
> on a tripod in the same spot?

Not in camera. The camera was on a tripod shooting continuously for
the duration of the storm (resulting in hundreds of exposures), and I
cherry-picked the two best frames and merged them in Photoshop. The
camera was on the covered balcony of our vacation condo (10th floor)
and I was able to spend most of the time inside.

Thanks, Ann, and to all who have commented.