Any Bright Ideas?

Alan C cole at lantic.net
Wed Jan 8 07:22:24 EST 2020

For the K3 boffins:

I have been given a K3ii body. It was apparently "sprayed" by a wave at
the coast. Unfortunately the mirror stays down (I can move it up
manually so it is not stuck) & AF doesn't work with a screw drive or HSM
lens. If I select LV, the screen is black because the mirror is down.
Because of the mirror problem, the shutter won't fire. All other
functions seem to be OK. I can make any adjustmets in the menus & can
view images already on an SD card. I reset the camera to defaults which
didn't help. The camera still has the original firmware.

Alan C