Free at last! - or maybe not quite...

Godfrey DiGiorgi godfreydigiorgi at me.com
Wed Jan 1 12:48:03 EST 2020

As I said, it's not an option *if you wish* to go to current operating system, or *have to* because you need a new system which will only run Catalina or later. There's absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to an older system with older software and hardware to maintain compatibility, as long as it does the job you want it to do.

I have no such needs as long as I'm willing to upgrade my software to be compatible with the latest AND I want to take advantage of what current hardware and OS can do. I've had no problems with finding compatible software with any of my peripherals, and I do want to use the latest OS and apps: I use the new capabilities a lot. And on a quick test, my new Mac mini is capable of processing some of my raw image files at speeds which are 3 to 4 times faster than the old Mac mini. That's worth the pain of working out what will work best in my image processing to me.