Quiet List

Paul Stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Wed Aug 19 14:43:02 EDT 2020

I have two large central air conditioning units, one for the upper floor  and another for the main floor and lower level. They are both set to maintain 71 degrees F, which they can do when outdoor temps hit 90 while running only  a couple of hours a day. The house is well insulated and shaded by trees for much of the day. July saw at least ten days of 90 degree weather. My electric bill was about $200. Our stove and ovens are electric as well. My wife has severe allergies and is totally miserable in summer without AC. Each unit is fitted with an electrostatic air cleaner and accordion filter, so they reduce allergens significantly.

Paul