GESO: Buffalos

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Mon Aug 17 16:44:43 EDT 2020

Very impressive!
I especially liked the last one as well, - with their attention toward
you, they look as if they were posing for a family portrait.
:-)

Igor

Alan C Tue, 04 Aug 2020 07:13:06 -0700 wrote:

Yes, Bob & Paul. The last one was taken on the return trip in the
afternoon, hence the back lighting. They were resting after drinking at
the Tsendze river. There were scenes like that for about ½ km up to 50m
deep in the bush. The herd consists of mature cows & juveniles. The
breeding males only move in for that purpose. There were actually two huge
herds of Buffalo & a slightly smaller herd of Wildebeest. Being ruminants
like cattle they can eat any grasses, even dry stuff. Very strong,
dangerous animals - an adult can toss a Lion.

Alan C