GESO: Buffalos

Alan C cole at lantic.net
Tue Aug 4 10:11:38 EDT 2020

Yes, Bob & Paul. The last one was taken on the return trip in the
afternoon, hence the back lighting. They were resting after drinking at
the Tsendze river. There were scenes like that for about ½ km up to 50m
deep in the bush. The herd consists of mature cows & juveniles. The
breeding males only move in for that purpose. There were actually two
huge herds of Buffalo & a slightly smaller herd of Wildebeest. Being
ruminants like cattle they can eat any grasses, even dry stuff. Very
strong, dangerous animals - an adult can toss a Lion.

Alan C