Which laptop for Lightroom and how to test?

Godfrey DiGiorgi godfreydigiorgi at me.com
Wed Oct 30 16:30:32 EDT 2019

I only know Apple equipment.

I used a 13" MacBook Pro (2013 and 2014 versions) as well as MacBook Air (2016) for some time. All did a fairly good job, the Pro models a bit better due to their better graphics cards.

Lately, I'm transitioning away from using Adobe products and using an iPad Pro 11" for most of my mobile image processing, using RAW Power in conjunction with Photos, and occasionally SnapSeed.

I have Lightroom v6.14 running on my ancient 2012 Mac mini (fully stuffed and with an SSD drive), running macOS Mojave, as my desktop system at home; but it's going to be replaced with a new Mac mini running Catalina soon. Once I do that, I'll install RAW Power on it too and completely dispense with Adobe products.