Which laptop for Lightroom and how to test?

Ralf R Radermacher fotoralf at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 18:18:54 EDT 2019

Am 28.10.19 um 21:58 schrieb Jos de Fotograaf:

> I need a new laptop and want one that is faster on Lightroom processing
> than my present HP pavilion with i7 and SSD

Look for a powerful graphics processor. Lightroom uses its number
crunching power while rendering thumbnails on import.

I have a Mac Mini and a Macbook Pro, both with identical processors and
RAM sizes but the Macbook has a decent graphics processor. It runs
circles around the Mac Mini when I'm importing RAW files.

Should be the same on Windoze systems.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com