PESO: Pepe

Steve Cottrell cotty at seeingeye.tv
Sun Oct 27 17:48:37 EDT 2019

On 26/10/19, Juan Buhler, discombobulated, unleashed:

>...and for "every so often" I mean "for the first time in what, 10 years or
>so?"
>
>Long time member, have been lurking for many years now.
>
>I've been shooting with either Sony cameras or the Ricoh GR II. But in the
>last year or so I've developed a fascination with older, ~12MP small sensor
>cameras. I got both a Q7 and an MX-1. Those are both excellent cameras, for
>different reasons, but both fun to shoot with. The MX-1 in particular is a
>delight to take photos with--you should have seen me last month on Paris, I
>was all like <when I visit the city of light, I always bring my Pentax
>MX-1> and <will acquire patina>. I lacked only the accent and the hat from
>the guy in that hilarious MX-1 Pentax ad.
>
>Anyway, here is the PESO: Pepe, one of my dogs. Taken with the Q7 and the
>standard zoom, plus a little FlashQ handheld and triggered by the camera
>via the Flash remote. Cropped and edited to taste in LR.
>
>I think it's a fun picture:
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbuhler/48964245326/

Well stone the crows. Juan Buhler, as I live and breathe.

For those that don't know, one of Juan's books sits on my photobook shelf in good company with HCB and Jeanloup Sieff, amongst others.

Good to hear from you man.

I'm still ticking away (like a bomb) here in the UK - getting ready to retire from TV (my son has already taken up the cudgels and works for broadcasters in Westminster - right in amongst the fuckwittery of Brexit....) and I'll be going sailing after I fix up and old boat.

I still take pics, only got a Fuji X20, an Oly Pen F and 4 manual lenses - Samyang 12/2, Pentax K24, Pentax K50/1.4 and Pentax A*85/1.4 and that's it. Not as many pics as I'd like, but that will change over the coming years.

Love the pic of Pepe. That tongue makes it. Still got the knack I see ;-)

Hey, on your web page, that shot 'Paris 2019' (Oct 21) - is that the Cafe de Flore?? I hate you!!

Just had a good look - my God I wish I was a fraction as good as that. You utter bastard.

Are you still working in CGI? You should get your hands dirty at Aardman mate - that's proper work !! ;-)

Cheers

Cotty

--

Cheers,