PESO: My Kitchen Window

Dale H. Cook radiotest at plymouthcolony.net
Sun Oct 27 07:45:30 EDT 2019

  On Oct 27, 2019, at 9:27 AM, John wrote:

> I did a little levels & curves, but it was so twitchy even the slightest adjustment just blew out the highlight and overpowered the bird.

I sometimes find that gamut reduction helps with too great a contrast
between subject and background. After gamut reduction the subject can be
tweaked to suitable brightness and contrast, and the background doesn't
get out of hand.
--
Dale H. Cook, decades as 35mm SLR photographer, now
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-around lens