PESO: My Kitchen Window

John jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 26 15:47:13 EDT 2019

For once not a rant about my on-going trials & tribulations remodeling the kitchen.

https://flic.kr/p/2hAN6Ch

I was at the sink yesterday morning and saw this little guy through the window.
I managed to get the window open without spooking him and get a few frames using
my 80-200/2.8.

I saw him again today while I was making breakfast.

I was again able to get the window open without spooking him. He's only about 10
feet away from the window & got a bunch of shots with the 80-200/2.8. While I
was getting the 600/4 set up a squirrel came along and chased him off.

But he came back.

He's almost too close to photograph with the 600/4 because the tree that vine is
growing on is only about 10 feet from the house.

I think he may be a "Ladderback" woodpecker, but if someone knows differently
let me know.