Free software upgrade for X-Rite ColorMunki owners -- a question

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Mon Oct 21 11:25:03 EDT 2019

John,

Sorry for the delay in responding, - I was not reading PDML for a few days
due to some deadlines and travels.

I suspect you are not looking at the right software.
Even the updated package (device + software) cost only $179:
https://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?id=2639&catid=156

I just found where you confusion comes from: that $515 for a i1Studio
device. (And I agree, it is very confusing the way x-rite posted it!).
https://www.xrite.com/service-support/product-support/calibration-solutions/i1studio
But if you click on the specific version on the left (1.5.1 for Mac,
1.5.0 for PC), - then on the next screen you choose your OS, and then
download the software for free.

I was assured by Xrite support that if you download it, it would work with
Colormunki Display device that I have.

In general, the naming scheme of x-rite products is rather confusing, - I
remember my confusions with it (i1 vs. Eye One, etc., and then software
called the same (or very similar) way as the device) at the time when I
was choosing my calibration device about a decade ago.

HTH.

Igor