Free software upgrade for X-Rite ColorMunki owners -- a quesiton

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Thu Oct 10 11:52:18 EDT 2019

Hi All,

As far as I remember, some PDMLers use ColorMunki from X-Rite - for
calibrating their computer monitors.

I just received an e-mail from X-rite, that among other things says:
"Already own ColorMunki Display? Get the i1Studio free software upgrade."

I don't know if that "upgrade" is good for anything or not. But I was
wondering if any PDMLer(s) has(have) used that newer version of software,
and if so, - how do you like it?

I was *mostly* happy with the old one (My product is called ColorMunki
Display), except for one issue. The software did not allow loading up one
of the previously created profiles. I.e. you can create a new calibration
profile, and have the program set it up as the active one for the OS
(Windows). But if you want to use one of the previously created ones, -
you'd have to go to the Windows display settings and choose that yourself.
This was rather annoying.

I wonder if that problem has been fixed in the new software (i1Studio). If
you have installed that new software, - could you please let me know?

Thank you,

Igor