help with making a PDF file from a doc file

Henk Terhell hterhell at chello.nl
Tue Oct 8 16:56:58 EDT 2019

Libre Office was a fork of Open Office and is in my opinion more
actively updated and is a very solid package.
If you only use word processing, Open Office writer is easier because
with Libre Office you have to download the whole lot of Office programs.
However only Libre Office can read/write the current Microsoft Word docx
file format.
Open Office cannot write to docx (unless they changed that recently).

Henk