Small sensors, with a PESO

Steve Cottrell cotty at seeingeye.tv
Sat Nov 9 20:05:19 EST 2019

On 9/11/19, Juan Buhler, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Interesting. So you shoot jpegs with these? As I was saying, I find the jpg
>compression + sensor noise combination to be unpleasant. For this reason I
>only like compacts that shoot raw.

I do.

<http://www.seeingeye.tv/PESO/004.html>

The Fuji X20's sensor is a 12MP 2/3 inch CMOS so it's not a slouch, but obvs outdated now.

I love this camera because of the optical viewfinder. It's not the snappiest performer but if I carry one camera because I don't know what to photograph, this'll be it.

<http://www.seeingeye.tv/PESO/008.html>

<http://www.seeingeye.tv/PESO/peso020.html>

<http://www.seeingeye.tv/PESO/peso032.html>

I guess shooting like this is restricting because I'm narrowing my options. But it makes me think high contrast and gritty, and so I tend to get that mindset on and not look for things that don't fit.

I'm weird like that ;-)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty