PESO - She's got legs. [and a test]

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 12:11:29 EST 2019

Updog doesn't have much really.  They're a free service that allows you
to host a custom website on Dropbox or Google Drive and get your own
free subdomain, which simply redirects to whatever you've put on one of
those two platforms.  So it's actually either Dropbox or Google that's
hosting the phishing attempt.  I'm betting on Google, they're sloppy as
hell most of the time.

The funny thing is that Updog is an official Google App (and Dropbox as
well), for the web.

On 11/4/2019 12:04 PM, lrc at red4est.com wrote:
> Chrome gave a warning, Firefox also did but wouldn't show the image.
> Someone set up a phishing scam on updog and updog didn't have the security to stop them
>
> On November 4, 2019 8:44:42 AM PST, "P. J. Alling" <webstertwentysix at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a test to see how deeply stupid Google is, and I mean deeply as in
>>
>> nested like a Russian Doll.
>>
>> I'm going to mask my web page in a Tiny URL.  Maybe Google's algorithm
>> won't see it there.
>>
>> So if this gets through here's the original post.   It's a stopgap
>> until
>> I figure something else out.
>>
>>> I wandered around an art collective exhibit at Yale University's West
>>> Campus, today.
>>>
>>> The young lady in the foreground was an exhibitor, sitting in front
>> of
>>> her work, which consisted of large canvas' covered with brightly
>>> colored splotches of acrylic paint.  I'm sure that everyone wanted to
>>> discuss her technique, really I mean it.
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/y3qay8kh
>>>
>>> Equipment: Pentax K-5II w/Sigma DC 17-70mm f2.8~4.5
>>>
>>> As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.
>> --
>> America wasn't founded so that we could all be better.
>> America was founded so we could all be anything we damn well please.
>>      - P.J. O'Rourke
>>

>> --
>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>> PDML at pdml.net