Pentax lenses I want

Pat Temmerman ptemmer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 15:30:45 EST 2019

Have the DA16-50 and it was my 2nd favorite lens after the 43mm Ltd (or
maybe most favorite after being introduced to Scottish weather.) We were
away for a weekend to one of the western islands, decent weather.
Walking around all day, 16-50 was just fine. Back to the hotel for
lunch, back out and suddenly found that I had a 20-50. No drops, no
jolts. Lens just decided that I no longer needed the range from 16 to
20.  Found some references on this list to this problem, googled it,
checked service cost and decided that 20-50 wasn't so bad consider the
weagher sealing. Later decided that it was just too damn big and heavy -
and obvious - for walking around towns and cities, so I bought a 2nd
hand DA21 from Japan. Love it. Have since  bought the 28-105WP and tend
to go with that. Will still drag out the 16 (20) - 50 if I'm feeling a
bit land-scapey in inclement weather.