Pentax lenses I want

Juan Buhler juanbuhler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 14:21:34 EST 2019

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 10:46 AM Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigiorgi at me.com>
wrote:

> The Pentax lens I always wanted is the Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special that
> they produced in Leica Thread Mount for a short run of about 2000 units.
> Most were sold in Japan and still command a price around $1500 or so as a
> complete set with the matching optical viewfinder.
>
> A year or so back after I bought the Leica CL, I found one available in
> Japan EBay for $600 without the finder and nabbed it. It’s every bit as
> good a lens as I expected. (-:

Ohhh, yes, good one Godfrey, I would also love to have that one!

Is it any different optically to the 43mm Limited? I mean--if you'll use it
on a camera with live view/EVF, then there's no difference, correct? Is its
only advantage that it is rangefinder coupled?

Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com