Pentax lenses I want

John jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 2 20:37:14 EDT 2019

On 11/2/2019 17:51:10, Dale H. Cook wrote:
> My wishlist for anything generally greatly exceeds the contents of my wallet.
> For now I have to be content owning a Pentax-DA 18-270mm as my walking-around
> lens, a Rokinon 650Z 650-1300mm as my long glass, and a Pentax-A 50mm f2. The
> only lens currently on my wishlist is a suitable late-model replacement for the
> 50mm as I want to return it to the K-1000 and sell all of my 35mm film kit as a
> lot.

Check KEH. I frequently see the "Pentax 50mm F/1.4 SMC FA" there at "won't break
the bank" prices.

Plus it's a full-frame lens if you ever get a K-1, although as far as I could
tell, the "Pentax 50mm F/1.8 SMC DA" doesn't vignette on the K-1 even though
it's technically a crop sensor lens.

They usually have that one available too.

Actually, I have you to thank for my latest acquisition. I was looking at KEH
for sturdy tripods to recommend in response to your post lamenting that yours
wasn't steady enough for photographing hummingbirds. After I found several good
Gitzo/Manfrotto legs, I figured "What the heck, I'll see if they've got any
Pentax lenses I want." ... and the FA 600/f4 just kind of fell into my lap.