Pentax lenses I want

John jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 2 08:23:20 EDT 2019

On 11/1/2019 19:39:33, John Francis wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 04:58:45PM -0400, Mark Roberts wrote:
>> Paul Stenquist wrote:
>>
>>> I would think a full frame 24-70/4 is very unlikely in that Pentax already offers an excellent 24-70/2.8.
>>
>> Yeah, it's excellent. But it's also huge compared to the 28-105.
>
> ... and with a price tag to match!
>
> I could never quite persuade myself I needed the older FA* 28-70/2.8
> to go along with the FA* 80-200/2.8 that was my main lens. But that's
> because I was mostly doing motorsports photography - very different
> from the sort of thing that Juan does - so the 28-105/f4.0-5.6 I had
> met my needs for the occasional pit or paddock shots.
>
> I'm waiting to see whether the announced flagship APS-C camera body
> makes it all the way into production; if it does, (and assuming that
> it has the sort of feature upgrades that could tempt me) there's a
> fairly good chance I'll buy one last Pentax body. But despite what
> my PDML T-shirt says I'm not sure I'll be buying any more lenses;
> the main potential candidate - the D FA 150-450 - would add quite
> a bit to whatever the new body (plus grip) would cost.

I got lucky and the one last lens that I was pining away for just happened to
fall into my lap this fall (even if I will still be paying for it for the next
three years).

I think I've now got not only everything I need, but everything I wanted ...
unless I run across a Tokina ATX-Pro 287 28-70 f/2.8 to replace the one I wore
out. I've got the Sigma 24-70, but I don't love it the way I loved that Tokina lens.