parallelism per John's comments : was Re: Boris 2019-01

ann sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 12:32:31 EST 2019

On 1/15/2019 11:53 AM, John wrote:
> On 1/14/2019 05:11:21, Steve Cottrell wrote:>
               ...  On 13/1/19, Bob W-PDML, discombobulated, unleashed:
> >> The thing that stands out for me, which subtly echoes the dog, and
> reflects
> >> the posture of the woman, is the plastic bag in the doorway. The shape
> >> created by the handle and the dark spots look like a stylised
> Siamese cat
> >> with two dark ears and a nose.
> >
> > That's the first thing I spotted too. As a small image on my desktop
> before I
> > clicked on it, I thought it was a cat sat in the window looking out.
> Even so,
> > on full image, it's still interesting as your eyes investigate the
> scene.
> >  ... snipped a bit
>

> Every once in a while the PetaPixel Blog comes up with something useful.
Case in point, their recent article on "parallelism" & what it says
about the dog mimicking the woman's posture ... and the "cat":
> https://petapixel.com/2019/01/10/what-parallelism-is-and-how-to-use-it-to-improve-your-photography/

Yeah - that was a good read!  (Hodler, btw, is one of my favorite painters.)

Well I've been doing a lot of that over the years.. didn't think about
it being called "parallelism"

This was my money maker back in 1981 when I got an "award of merit" in
the KINSA ..  $100

https://annsan.smugmug.com/Works-in-Print/Books-in-Print/The-First-Time-I-Saw-Paris/i-Xg5zwCX/L

There are a lot of Erwitts that fall into the category as well.

ann

--
ann sanfedele photography
https://annsan.smugmug.com