2018 faves and chasing the muse

Steve Cottrell cotty at seeingeye.tv
Tue Jan 1 06:46:48 EST 2019

On 31/12/18, Larry Colen, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Another thing that I try to do is play with my cameras even when I'm not
>100% excited about it. I suspect that very few successful musicians only
>practice when they are excited about it, but they practice their craft
>every day, no matter what they feel like.  That way when they do feel
>their inspiration, they are in form to capitalize on inspiration when it
>does strike them.  Perhaps for 2019, I should listen to myself and make
>more effort to go out and take photos, whether or not I expect or hope
>to get any great ones, just look for the opportunities to keep my
>technical skills sharp taking mediocre photos.

I admire your ethos Larry. I go through quite a few phases where i won't pick up my still cameras for months at a time. Sometimes it's due to work pressures and running the business etc. More often than not it's due to tiredness and, as you put it, no ability to get enthused. We're in the middle of selling a house, and rearranging finances and whatnot. Taking stills is the last thing on my mind.

I hope that situation will change in time, but for now it's the photo-doldrums.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    UK Shoot / Edit and