Grandfather Mountain Video Request

Dale H. Cook radiotest at plymouthcolony.net
Tue Apr 30 17:59:09 EDT 2019

On 4/30/2019 3:14 PM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
> Here's the web page:
>
> <http://www.seeingeye.tv/pages/video/pdml-gfm.html>
>
> It may or may not display and r play properly on your computer - if
> not, download using link below and run locally (about 60MB)

The shots on and around the mountain bring back memories - I haven't
been there in about 50 years. Although I have lived within about a mile
of the Parkway (at its closest - the nearest entrance is about 3 miles
away by road) my range is all in the northern half. When I am on the
Parkway in recent decades it has always been between Rockfish Gap (mile
marker 0) and Fancy Gap (mile marker 200).

Last Sunday week I decided to take an afternoon drive to Mabry Mill. I
hadn't been there in about 20 years and had forgotten its orientation.
Morning is best for the preferred view of the wheel side of the mill and
I was there in mid-afternoon. I took a number of shots, but they were a
bit dull because the mill is a weathered gray. I decided to warm things
up a bit and this shot, taken through a Hoya Sepia B filter, is my
favorite:

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/images/MabryMill.jpg

Steve got to see this message twice. After decades with my old email
client I finally had to switch to something current. I am still learning
it and haven't yet figured out how to set it to default to replying to
the list instead of the sender.

--
Dale H. Cook, decades as 35mm SLR photographer, now
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-around lens