Heading for Ireland & the UK

Bob Pdml pdmlbw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 15:03:01 EDT 2019

Thanks.

Another thing I forgot to mention is getting around, other than by boat or open-top bus. On public transport you can't use cash. You can use a contactless credit/debit or an Oyster card, which you will need to put money on. You need a separate card for each person, you can't pay more than one person's fare at a time. There is a daily maximum fare.
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/visiting-london/getting-around-london/best-ways-for-visitors-to-pay?intcmp=27718

You'll probably want to experience the tube, and possibly the DLR, which is driverless, but the best way to get around is on foot or by bicycle, and the best way to find your way around, if you haven't lived here for nearly forty years, is the Citymapper app, which you can use for multi-modal transport.
https://citymapper.com/london?lang=en
Or you could ask a policeman.