Heading for Ireland & the UK

mike wilson m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 24 01:08:10 EDT 2019

> On 24 April 2019 at 00:28 Brian W <brian-w at lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
>

> > On 24 April 2019 at 02:39 mike wilson <m.9.wilson at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > Missed this response at first.  Depending on your choice of coast, your route
> > south from Ediburgh will take you within about 300 yards of me or 60 miles.
> >  The former means a chance of a fleeting meetup, that latter not.
>

> We're leaving Edinburgh on 28 May, heading to Kendal for 2 nights, then into
> Wales (Llandudno and Cardiff) before heading south to Exeter.

I would pass up the Lake District for Northumbria in a heartbeat; it has 1/10th the mountain scenery but 1/100th the tourists.  If you must, I recommend the A68/A69/M6 route to Kendal.  It's two sides of a triangle but the scenery is much better.

There is a route directly south from Llandudno to Cardiff, through Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons, but be repared for it to take you closer to six hours driving than whatever Google tells you.  The northern part will be infested with grockles and the rest will have farm machinery moving on it.

Although you never know;  Dorset at Easter was deserted.